Commis Chef required for French Chalet Company.
Outline of Role
Prepare ingredients alongside our Head Chef to established high standards for Chilly Powder catering.
Take responsibility for afternoon tea by following established standards to make sure there is an exciting and freshly prepared assortment of cakes and savory options available.
Prepare and assist in the service of children’s tea and staff meals each evening to a consistent standard using the established methods and recipes developed with our Head Chef.
Assist in the service of adults supper each evening. Manage the kitchen to ensure that all meals are served on time and to the required standards.
Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness in all kitchen areas by following established procedures each day.
Ensure the cost effectiveness of the kitchen by always being conscious of budgets.
This role requires a high degree of organisation and involves maintaining a positive and helpful approach to customers whilst doing everything possible to enhance their holiday experience.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the Head Chef to develop a creative and nutritious seasonal menu covering breakfast, afternoon tea, children’s dinner, staff dinner and guest dinner
- Prepare and serve all food to a high standard for breakfast, afternoon tea, children’s dinner, staff dinner and guest dinner
- Prepare creative canapés for service before dinner each evening
- Store all food ingredients to established food hygiene standards
- Assist the Head Chef in the weekly shop and stock management when required
- Ensure all pans and other cooking utensils are cleaned after use
- Ensure all kitchen areas and all work surfaces are spotless before leaving
- Learn all guest names each week and use them whenever possible
- Alert the General Manager of any problems or potential problems immediately
- Report any maintenance faults as soon as they occur using our established procedures
- Maintain an enthusiastic and helpful approach to guest care at all times
- Interact and show genuine interest in our guests at all times to create memorable holiday experiences
- Be prepared to assist in other areas of the chalet whenever necessary
- Adhere to health and safety legislation and food hygiene legislation
- Be self‐motivated and demonstrate consistent focus and enthusiasm
- Be a valued team player by taking measures to assist your colleagues when your own work load allows
- Be aware that we require team members to be fit and able to work throughout the season
- Attend and contribute to a weekly staff meeting to discuss new ideas and improvements
Reporting to: Head Chef
Personal Appearance & Uniform
- Be well presented at all times wearing clean chefs whites and an apron. High standards of personal hygiene are essential.
Benefits of working for Chilly Powder
Working 5 days per week
Meals whilst on duty
Opportunities to stay for the summer season
- Regular performance appraisals to ensure your skills continue to develop