Chef required for As One Café/Restaurant, focussed on fresh ingredients.
We’re looking for a chef with previous experience working in a busy kitchen who has a genuine love of food and an appetite working with fresh, local and seasonal produce. The restaurant has both sit down table service and food to go elements and is located in Dublin 2 in a busy lunch time area. Working hours will primarily be daytime with evening service to commence soon. This is an exciting opportunity to join a young, dynamic company committed to a better lifestyle for our customers and staff.
Please research As One on our website www.asone.ie and on our social handles @asonefood to see if you believe this role is suited to you.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Key Areas of Experience:
• Ability to showcase available local and seasonal ingredients
• Fermentation (basic knowledge)
• HACCP maintenance
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a busy kitchen is desirable, however recent graduates of culinary arts or cookery school will also be considered.
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
• The ability to work within a calm and cooperative working atmosphere
• A deep understanding of ingredients and produce
• A genuine interest in recipes and food which promote health and vitality
• A passion for using high quality ingredients and seeking out and dealing with local suppliers
• An understanding of nutrition, free from propositions and allergen management
• Excellent organisational skills
The person who joins our team will be:
• Energetic and innovative
• Customer service driven
• Able to think on their feet, solve problems and adapt
As a company, we are dedicated to improving ourselves, helping individuals, and the collective build a better lifestyle. We’re committed to honesty, integrity and quality in all aspects of the business from how we source and prepare our food and interact with our suppliers through to the working environment for our staff and how our customers are treated. Our food is food for purpose which benefits our customers and our ingredients, dishes and products are aimed towards this. All menu elements will be prepared in house from scratch.
This job could genuinely be a total lifestyle change for the right person in a co-operative, good humoured and ethical environment with room to grow and learn and develop a multitude of skills.
Please apply with your CV and a short cover note with a brief outline of why you are interested in and suited for this position.
Job Type: Full-time