A vacancy for an enthusiastic, personable, full-time or part-time pastry chef has become available in our family run delicatessen and bakery, located just off the Rochestown Road next to the sea.
We pride ourselves on using fresh ingredients to make delicious homemade meals, salads, breads and cakes, (see @cinnamoncottage on Instagram to see our latest products).
We are looking for someone with experience, but most importantly with a keen interest in making high quality desserts, who works well in an intimate team to share responsibility for
preparing cakes, breads, desserts, and tarts on a daily basis.
Some of the main requirements of the role include:
• manage stock and place daily orders.
• have excellent attention to detail.
• deliver a high standard of baking and decorating on a daily basis, from making mixes and buttercreams to the final decoration of a cake.
• have a high level of hygiene and cleanliness, including HACCP training
• a keen knowledge of baking and the elements surrounding it.
Working hours are ideal and very social, no nights, Tuesday to Saturday 8am to 5pm for full-time or negotiable hours for part-time.
The shop is closed on Sunday & Mondays.
The right candidate will be offered on-site training on our menu and many opportunities to develop their skills by taking on more responsibilities and help develop new menus. The part-time position may be suitable for someone looking to go back to work, while being available for other commitments also. If this role sounds like the one for you, please email us your CV and let us know if you’re interested in full or pat-time and we will be in touch.