The Pavilion Garden Centre and Café is located about 5 miles from Cork City. We are looking for a motivated Café assistant to join our team. If you are interested in working in a positive environment with a great team of people and if you already have a minimum of 1 years experience, we would love to hear from you. The position is a full time position with straight daytime working hours, there is no requirement for evening or split shifts.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Assist in preparation of cafe and counters before, during and at the end of service.
• Offer customers a great standard of customer service and care.
• Serve customers efficiently and respectfully with their orders
• Demonstrate the highest standards of customer welcome and care when assisting customers at the counter and delivering orders to tables.
• Give advice, guidance as required on products and menu selection to customers to ensure a positive customer experience.
• Ensure adequate stock levels of supplies and consumables for café area, managing orders and stock rotation.
• Manage queues and meeting customer expectations, upsell to maximise profit.
• Service of hot and cold beverages, cakes and other food items.
• Keep the cafe areas tidy and clean
• Handling customer complaints in the first instance and reporting feedback to the Managers.
• Working within established guidelines and operating procedures.
• Responsible for security (product and cash), taking payments accurately etc
• Ensuring compliance with all legislation, HACCP training and food hygiene training.
• Having a friendly and engaging personality, a good communicator, able to work under pressure.
• Comfortable working with members of the public, able to initiate conversations and provide a sincere welcome and enjoy providing good service.
• Need to be willing to learn, take instruction and work under own initiative, supporting other team members and able to multitask.
• You should have a comprehensive understanding of the menu and have a keen interest in local food and drink.
• Knowledge of till operation and cash handling.
• Excellent standards of personal presentation and hygiene, smart appearance and articulate.
• Food Hygiene training / qualifications.