The Taybank is a wee gem, right on the banks of the River Tay, in Dunkeld, Perthshire. A favourite with walkers and visitors, it is also held dear by the local community and is ubiquitously popular in the Scottish trad music scene. For several years it has been an F&B operation consisting of a busy ground floor bar, also serving food, an upstairs cocktail bar and dining room. Under new management, we are renovating the bedrooms with a total of 5 coming on line over the coming year, and looking to develop private events, both in the building and in the extensive riverside gardens.
We are on the look out for a creative, enthusiastic and dependable Sous Chef, who is passionate about the Scottish food scene, and the creative use of local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients. The role may suit a CDP looking for their next step up, or you may already have experience at Sous. The successful candidate would help the Head Chef develop a growing kitchen team, as well as creating daily changing menus for the bar, dining room and dynamic private event menus.
The Essential Skills:
· Ideally possess previous experience within a small, characterful boutique operation/gastro pub.
· Possess a genuine drive and commitment to develop a sustainable local ethos in all food areas of the operation, letting the quality of the ingredients shine through.
· Great organisational and communication skills, both written & verbal.
· Food hygiene certification & excellent knowledge of allergens.
· Must be willing to relocate to Perthshire, if not already living in the area.
· Given the rural location you must be able to drive/have access to a car.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20 - £25k, depending on experience