Jobs for Cooks
Staff Chef for Beach Club in Zakynthos Greece
- Staff Chef for Beach Club in Zakynthos Greece
- Peligoni Club
The Peligoni Club are currently recruiiting Chefs to join our team in Greece this summer. (May - October).
We are looking for experienced chefs to take on the challenge of running our busy restaurants and deli and to prepare meals for our team of up to 150 staff on a daily basis.
Working closely with our kitchen team with a variety of fresh ingredients our Staff Chef has a challenging yet rewarding role, ideal for those who have a passion for good food, love to share their interest with others and thrive on the buzz of a busy professional kitchen.
With so much going on at the club – busy lunch service, evening events and our famous Guest Chef series there’s an opportunity to get involved, learn new skills and broaden your experience.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Provide healthy and balanced meals in the staff canteen
- Work with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to control food cost and minimise waste
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the Head Chef
- Ensure staff dietary requirements are understood and catered for with quality dishes
- Take responsibility for the staff canteen ensuring it is stocked and clean at all times
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Qualifications Requested
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards Proven experience as a chef, catering for a large number of people Previous experience in a full-service kitchen is desirable
- Salary expectation
- Competitive plus accommodation, food and travel
- Starting Date
- Early May 2023
- Mar 9, 2023