Jobs for Cooks
Deli Cook for London Delicatessan
4 Elystan Street, London, SW3 3NS.
- Deli Cook for London Delicatessan
- Finns of Chelsea
We are seeking a creative and passionate cook to join our busy delicatessen kitchen and work alongside the Head Chef.
Finns is a long-established gourmet food shop and catering business, based on the lively and foodie Chelsea Green; the offer is British food combining classic nostalgia with a modern twist, across soups, pates, pies and puddings, seasonal vegetables and fresh, summer salads.
The ideal candidate will have a professional cooking qualification, and a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a commercial kitchen and/or fast paced catering environment. You must be a quick-learner, hard-worker and flexible to complement our existing small team. The main ingredient we are looking for is a keen cook interested in seasonal food, who is naturally organised and has a friendly, confident, and professional disposition.
Whilst predominantly in the kitchen, you will also be expected to spend time serving in the shop forming relationships with customers; learning the tills as well as how to make a famous Finns coffee; answering the telephone; taking orders and meeting and helping clients plan their parties.
- Working within the team, producing the food for both the day-to-day business and the events.
- Producing a variety of dishes across all three sections of the busy kitchen – shop and canapés, salads and meat.
- Contributing and collaborating on new menu ideas and development.
- Dealing with customers, on both the phone and face to face in the shop, providing excellent customer service.
- Catering for events and working at the events, if required.
- External evening and weekend events paid in addition.
- Adhering to health and safety guidelines when working with and preparing food.
- Full-time, permanent position.
- Monday - Friday, 7.30 am - 4.30 pm/9.30 am - 6.30 pm.
- One Saturday per month, 8.00 am - 4.00 pm.
To apply, please respond to this advertisement with your CV and covering letter. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview and kitchen trial thereafter.
- Qualifications Requested
- Professional and respected cooking course - ideally Ballymaloe 12 Week Certificate. Experience in a commercial kitchen/ catering environment essential.
0044 207 225 0733
- Salary expectation
- Dependent on experience.
- Starting Date
- May 9, 2023