Jobs for Cooks
Office Administrator for Ballymaloe Cookery School
Shanagarry, Co Cork, Ireland
- Office Administrator for Ballymaloe Cookery School
- Ballymaloe Cookery School
Ballymaloe Cookery School is multi-award-winning family run business delivering a first class culinary education to students all over the world since 1983. Proud of our long-standing tradition of excellence and our Slow Food philosophy realised by our 70 strong team, we are looking to recruit teaching, growing and office staff over the coming months.
We have an open full time position for an experienced office professional in our busy bookings department and office. In this front facing role our Office Administrator will be customer oriented and process driven, someone who thrives in a busy, fast paced environment where no two days are the same.
An integral part of our Administration Team, this person will be responsible for the smooth day to day running of the office, liaising with Ballymaloe Cookery School management and staff, course students, guest speakers and visitors to the school and 100 acre organic farm and gardens.
If you would like to bring your personal and professional passion, knowledge and skills to our mission and to be part of the next 40 years of Ballymaloe Cookery School then we’d love to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide general front desk reception coverage including handling phone calls, routing them to appropriate staff, taking and distributing messages,
• Receiving/greeting all visitors in a professional and warm manner
• Answering inbound enquiries by email and taking course bookings, processing payments, refunds etc.
• Assist in General Office administration (i.e., office supply ordering, form and documents inventory, filing, post, etc.)
• Partner with Human Resources and Team Managers to process job applicants, administer new hire pre-employment and orientation activities, assist in benefit enrollment, timekeeping system set up, and termination processing
• Manage and process course bookings daily
• Implementation of office systems and procedures.
• Keeping employee data up to date.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
• Highly organised and efficient with attention to detail
• Strong customer service skills with excellent communication skills
• Ability to multitask, prioritise and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment
• Willingness to be a team player & work in a team environment
• Ability to work on your own initiative in an organised manner
• Manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in high volume office environment
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, other employees, and students
• Always represent the organisation in a positive and professional manner
• Interest in sustainability, education, food growing or cooking
Qualifications and Experience
• Education: Leaving Certificate or equivalent
• Two or more years experience in a customer centric business or education environment with administrative responsibility for office operations
• Advanced level proficiency with the full Microsoft office suite – word, excel, PowerPoint
• Experience working within basic bookkeeping and budgeting systems an advantage.
• Experience setting up and carrying out SOP may be useful
• Experience dealing with HR issues in a business environment an advantage
• Proficient and skilled in social media applications including Facebook
• Hospitality background is helpful but not required
Job Type: Permanent Full-time with 3 month probation period; Monday - Friday 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm (as per Office Staff rota) with occasional Saturdays and Sundays (worked time in lieu).
Pay: Salary range dependent on experience €28-30k
Work in a busy office environment based at the Ballymaloe Cookery School
• 20 days paid holiday
• Pension (after 6 months continuous employment)
• Daily lunch in the Ballymaloe Cookery School eating alongside staff, course students and school visitors
• Networking opportunities with subject matter experts
• Subject to availability staff can attend Ballymaloe Cookery School short courses to further their knowledge base
Please apply with your CV and a Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role to Adrienne@cookingisfun.ie
- Qualifications Requested
- • Education: Leaving Certificate or equivalent • Two or more years experience in a customer centric business or education environment with administrative responsibility for office operations • Advanced level proficiency with the full Microsoft office suite – word, excel, PowerPoint • Experience working within basic bookkeeping and budgeting systems an advantage. • Experience setting up and carrying out SOP may be useful • Experience dealing with HR issues in a business environment an advantage • Proficient and skilled in social media applications including Facebook • Hospitality background is helpful but not required
- Salary expectation
- Starting Date
- Sep 25, 2023