Jobs for Cooks
Baker for Tearooms in the Burren, Co. Clare
The Burren Perfumery, V95 KC61
- Baker for Tearooms in the Burren, Co. Clare
- The Burren Perfumery
The Burren Perfumery Tea Rooms is a busy, small cafe in North Clare. It makes all products from scratch using fresh, local and organic ingredients. A very pleasant work environment, the Tea Rooms is owned and managed by The Burren Perfumery, a multi-disciplinary environment which includes a working factory, visitor centre with shop and the Tea Rooms.
Welcoming over 60,000 visitors each year, we strive for high standards in every facet of the business and expect our team members to relay these standards and the ethos of the Perfumery. As a 7 day a week business, this role is to support the full time baker on his days off and work with him as necessary.
- This job would suit someone who has a strong interest in the highest quality, organic, local and fresh ingredients and simple but beautifully prepared salads, cakes and plates.
- Daily baking, cooking and preparation of soups, salads, light lunches, cakes and breads
- Organise the daily operation of the kitchen to ensure consistent production of quality food
- Must be prepared to take responsibility in helping with the smooth-running of the kitchen including production, kitchen staff and stock
- Be responsible for the quality and consistent delivery of menu
- Prepare all food in accordance with HACCP guidelines and maintenance of HACCP records - HACCP training will be provided as necessary.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous baking experience
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Be responsible, hard-working and a keen team player
- Strong attention to detail and eye for cleanliness
Job Type: This job is part-time, 3-4 days per week. No split shifts. Day time work only. Hours 8-4 or 9-5. Somewhat flexible days. Some weekend work (not every weekend) will be required and during the summer you may be required to work early or until 6pm.
Fixed Term Contract June - October. Salary: Good pay - depending on experience.
Contract length: 4 months
Part-time hours: 24-32 per week
- Qualifications Requested
- Salary expectation
- Starting Date