Jobs for Cooks
Sous Chef - Fine Dining Cork City
48 McCurtain Street, Victorian Quarter, Cork
- Sous Chef - Fine Dining Cork City
- Greenes Restaurant
Multi-award winning fine dining restaurant seeks talented Sous Chef.
The food at Greenes is innovative, modern and devoted to place. Bryan McCarthy heads up the kitchen team at Greenes and recognises the uniqueness and quality of the outstanding ingredients that are available in Cork. His talented team works in tandem with the best of Cork’s food producers and in other parts of Ireland to create a menu that’s devoted to local, seasonal, foraged and organic ingredients.
Expect signature dishes of a seasonal nature, refined food with a simple food philosophy - local, fresh and staying true to each ingredient’s essence.
Traditional food practices, such as pickling and fermenting, together with innovative techniques, as well as quality, sustainable meat and fish, and locally sourced organic vegetables and herbs, have transformed Greenes into the destination restaurant that it is today.
The front of house team is is headed up by Manager/Sommelier Frank Schiltkamp. With over 20 years experience, Frank and his team will ensure you get the best in service and wine.
Greenes is located in a former bonded warehouse in Cork’s historic Victorian Quarter in the centre of the city.
- Best Restaurant
- Best Innovation
- Best Chef
- a La Carte
- 6 and 10 course tasting menus
- Prix Fixe
- Early Bird
Your New Role
We are seeking a creative and passionate foodie, who has a love of Irish food, understands the local market and who believes in high standards & quality products. Working closely with the Executive Head Chef to manage aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent guest experience.
Main duties will include:
- Abide by all the HACCP procedures and complete all HACCP documentation as required
- To assist with preparation for stocktaking /assist with stocktaking
- To place orders with suppliers for food, beverages and commodities when required
- To ensure the SOP’s for all dishes are implemented
- To check deliveries when requested. Goods received must correspond with the order book and delivery note; Quality of produce; Correct temperature
- To assist in training and mentoring other team members
Why Work With Us?
We are a team of talented professionals who work well together and we are a fun team to work with. We want you to be happy and enjoy coming to work with us by providing every individual with the support and training required.
Just some of the benefits of working with us:
- Excellent working environment
- Excellent discounted hotel staff rates across Ireland, UK & Continental Europe
- Friend & Family Rates within sister Hotels across Ireland.
- Wellbeing Support & Employee Assistance Programme
- Meals on Duty
- Social Events
- Training & Development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
This is an exciting opportunity to join a hotel that is managed by PREM Group, one of Europe’s leading hotel management companies. PREM Group provides all of its employees with opportunities to expand and develop their career. We give employees the initiative to contribute their ideas in building a better environment for everyone. #progresswithPREM
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward your CV through this website. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Qualifications Requested
- Salary expectation
- Starting Date