Jobs for Cooks
Heritage and Ancient Grain Baker & Pastry Maker
TEACH SCOILE, Unit 6 Shambles Lane, Bridge Street, Westport, Mayo, F28 X3Y4
- Heritage and Ancient Grain Baker & Pastry Maker
- The Happy Tummy Co.
What you’ll be doing?
- Baking our current collection of recipes for delivery throughout the island of Ireland to enable better health in our communities.
- Packaging up orders for delivery and handling admin around said deliveries and customers.
- Teaching at our school - TEACH SCOILE in the heart of Westport.
- Developing new recipes - bread, sweets, pastry, pizza and pasta.
- Cleaning and the every day more mundane side to bakery work :)
- Cooking and serving at our IMPROV supper nights.
How might you be described?
- Detail focused - otherwise known as pedantic!
- Loves science and maths - formulae come at me!
- Has a huge interest in heritage and ancient grains - conventional grains can feck off.
- Experimental with a keen interest in baking for good gut health - you’re the wizard in your crew!
- Gets stuck into the work - both the fun and more mundane side of things like cleaning at the end of the day (sorry! Had to mention the c word.)
- What’s the opposite of egotistical? Selfless? Community spirit focused? Whatever it is, we’re looking for that. Takes a village. Not one person.
What are the hours like?
We’ve done the 3am starts and they’re horrendous so feck that. The earliest you will start at is 6am. Shifts will be anything from 8-10 hours with one solid break. The 10 hour shifts will hopefully be infrequent and will mostly happen around IMPROV NIGHTS and school days.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- A minimum of 1/2 years experience in professional bread baking/pastry.
- Effective oral communication skills and the ability to work as a team player.
- Food safety trained.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (minimum of 8 hours a day).
- Able to lift up to 25 Kilos.
- Good grades in maths and science or at the very least a good understanding of equations and chemistry.
- Able to take on constructive feedback.
- Feels joy in physical work.
- Nice. Just nice.
- Qualifications Requested
- HACCP Level 2 1-2 years as a baker/pastry Chef in a working kitchen or has completed a culinary course/degree
- Salary expectation
- 25K starting based on experience with bonus based on contribution
- Starting Date