Jobs for Cooks
Violet Cakes - Head Chef / Pastry Chef
- Violet Cakes - Head Chef / Pastry Chef
- Violet Cakes
45hrs / Wee k £35-40k (dependent on experience)
Reports to: Owner and General Manager Works alongside: Shop Manager, Bakery & Sales Co-Ordinator
Direct reports: Sous Chef, Bakers Assistants, Kitchen Porters Summary of responsibilities:
- Managing the Violet Kitchen team to ensure the quality, design and production of the Violet range are of the highest possible standard: daily cabinet items, celebration cakes & any bespoke orders. Working in line with targets and schedules.
- Daily and weekly ordering of ingredients in line with a thorough weekly stock take, working within budgets set and monitoring ingredient price changes (Excel).
- Receiving and checking orders and following up on discrepancies.
- Leading on Kitchen staff hires / training and monitoring progression via Annual Reviews.
- Ensuring staff are on-task and overseeing daily morning meetings with BOH & FOH.
- Scheduling staff: shifts published 2 weeks in advance using Deputy software.
- Ensure compliance with all necessary Health and Safety regulations and Violet policies. Liaising with GM on maintenance / equipment issues.
- Providing support to the Owner and General Manager in all matters related to the running and organization of the kitchen, menu and orders. Setting and working to deadlines and timelines alongside the MGMT team. Some out-of-hours and off-site work required.
Please email email@example.com for a full Job Description.
- Qualifications Requested
- Salary expectation
- £35-40k (dependent on experience)
- Starting Date
- Oct 24, 2023