Jobs for Cooks
Probys Kitchen Restaurant in Cork, Looking for a Sous Chef
- Probys Kitchen Restaurant in Cork, Looking for a Sous Chef
2024 - New Year - New Challenge
We are looking for a sous chef to lead our team as we open up at the end of January for evening service
Probys Kitchen is in the shadow of St Elizabeth Fort and St Finbarr's Cathedrall inear Cork city centre
This venture is led by Marianne & Denis from Café Gusto & Liberty Grill, along with Pat Browne, formerly of Ballymaloe Cookery School.
Probys Kitchen shares the same commitment to fresh, seasonal, and healthy food made from scratch, as in our other establishments, with a focus on a shared passion for a sustainable future.
The successful candidate will assist the Chef patron in the effective daily operations of the kitchen, managing and developing the team, fostering relationships with suppliers, and planning the menu.
Knowledge and experience in the following areas is essential:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience managing a team.
- Interest in fresh healthy food made from scratch
- Ability to show a positive attitude towards guests and colleagues at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership skills
Duties include but are not exclusive to:
- To provide leadership to the team in conjunction with the Chef Patron and act as a role model in the production and presentation of dishes.
- To provide vision and research and input to menu planning
- To be responsible for the effective day-to-day running of the kitchen, in conjunction with and in the absence of the chef Patron.
- To assist Chef Patron in ensuring that the desired gross profits are attained. To maintaining high level of excellence in all aspect: kitchen oriented while maintaining a good relationship with FOH team, key supplier and owners of the business
- Qualifications Requested
- Salary expectation
- Starting Date
- Jan 8, 2024