Jobs for Cooks
Staff Chef - Zakynthos Greece. Immediate Start
- Staff Chef - Zakynthos Greece. Immediate Start
- Peligoni Club
Unlike most hotels or beach resorts, our staff are the life and soul of the club. A group of friendly, professional and extremely hard working people, Peligoni staff make our guests’ holiday a memorable experience. We are looking for a creative chef to look after our staff canteen and provide delicious and exciting meals for our diverse team.
Everyone has a differnet idea of what good food is and as a result we a looking for someone to offer varied daily meals to cater for all of our staff across breakfast, lunch and dinner. The club has over 130 seasonal staff who have different tastes and requirements. Whether it’s a high protein diet for our fitness fanatics, a light but tasty dish for those sculpting their beach bodies or flavoursome favourites for those craving a bit of home comfort; the food our team eat is a huge part of job satisfaction which is why we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who are ready to quickly become the most popular person in resort!
Working closely with our kitchen team with a variety of fresh ingredients our Staff Chef has a challenging yet rewarding role, ideal for those who have a passion for good food, love to share their interest with others and thrive on the buzz of a busy professional kitchen.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Provide healthy and balanced meals in the staff canteen
- Work with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to control food cost and minimise waste
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the Head Chef
- Ensure staff dietary requirements are understood and catered for with quality dishes
- Take responsibility for the staff canteen ensuring it is stocked and clean at all times
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to ensure a positive working environment and sense of team spirit to create the best guest experience at all times
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
- Qualifications Requested
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen. Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate. Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards. Proven experience as a chef, catering for up to 150 people. Previous experience in a full-service is desirable.
- Salary expectation
- Negotiable plus accommodation, food and travel
- Starting Date
- immediate Start
- May 16, 2022