Jobs for Cooks
Pastry Chef for Cork City Delicatessan
Monastery Road, Rochestown,Cork. T12WV08
- Pastry Chef for Cork City Delicatessan
- Cinnamon Cottage Cork
Vacancy for Pastry Chef in established deli/bakery, Rochestown Cork
A vacancy for an enthusiastic, personable, full-time pastry chef has become available in our family run delicatessen and bakery, located just off the Rochestown Road.
We pride ourselves on making everything from scratch to produce delicious homemade meals, salads, breads and cakes, (see @cinnamoncottage on Instagram to see our latest products). We are looking for someone with some experience, but most importantly with a keen interest in making high quality desserts, who works well in an intimate team to share responsibility for preparing cakes, breads, desserts, and tarts on a daily basis. Home baking is at the heart of what we do in our kitchen, so if you have a love for traditional baking, this is the place for you.
Some of the main requirements of the role include:
- manage stock and place daily orders.
- have excellent attention to detail & organisation skills.
- deliver a high standard of baking and decorating on a daily basis, from making mixes and buttercreams to the final decoration of a cake.
- have a high level of hygiene and cleanliness, including HACCP training
- a keen knowledge of baking and the elements surrounding it.
Working hours are ideal and very social, no nights, Tuesday to Saturday 7.30am to 4.30pm for full-time. The right candidate will be offered on-site training on our menu and many opportunities to develop their skills by taking on more responsibilities and help develop new menus.
If this role sounds like the one for you, please email us your CV and let us know if you’re interested in full or pat-time and we will be in touch.
- Qualifications Requested
- Culinary Training HACCP Level 1 & Manual Handling certificate Any cake decoration training - not essential but an advantage
- Salary expectation
- circa €35,000/depending on experience
- Starting Date
- May 17, 2022