Jobs for Cooks
Live-in Family chef in Peak District
Old Hall Farm, Youlgreave, DE45 1US
- Live-in Family chef in Peak District
- Benedict Cullen
We are looking for a chef to join us for a week between Saturday 27th August to Saturday 3rd September. The role would be live-in with an en-suite bedroom provided. We are a family of 5 (children aged 6, 6 & 4) and will have other family members staying with us during the week. The location is our family's second home and the kitchen is fairly well set up.
The role would required:
- Shopping for all meals (we can easily accept an online delivery before arrival as we will be there before the start date)
- Breakfast set up from 7am (could be set up night before) with fruit salad; cereals; granola/yoghurt; pastries and cooked breakfast on some days. Breakfast typically runs 7-9am as children wake up early and adults then are generally down by 8am
- Simple family lunch - we will be out and about some days but when eating at home things like quiche; salads; pasta salads etc. would be great. We may want a picnic for one or two days
- Afternoon tea/cake/scones around 4pm. This does not need to be served and can be left for us to manage ourselves
- Children's tea - around 5.30pm meal for the three children. Simple plain meals like pastas, cooked chicken etc
- Adult's dinner around 7.30/8pm. Typically we would want some pre-dinner nibbles and then a main course and pudding
- All clearing/washing associated with the above
As this is a live-in family role the candidate should be comfortable with the family and children being about. We have had chefs stay with us previously and found a good working balance. We are not focused on "fancy" food but good ingredients cooked well.
The house is in Youlgreave, near Bakewell, and has ample parking and the living set up is comfortable.
- Qualifications Requested
- None required but experience with similar roles is required
- Salary expectation
- £220 day rate
- Starting Date
- 27- 08 - 2022
- Jun 13, 2022