Jobs for Cooks
Creative Cook/Chef for Boutique Lakeshore Resort
Coolbawn Quay, Coolbawn, Tipperary, Ireland, E45KV60
- Creative Cook/Chef for Boutique Lakeshore Resort
- Coolbawn Quay, Tipperary
Are you a creative and passionate cook/chef who simply loves to cook and to please the palate with the infusion of great flavours using the finest ingredients to include vegan vegetarian dishes? If so, we want to hear from you. Onsite accommodation is available for the successful candidate.
We are a small Boutique Resort in the heart of Ireland. A peaceful lakeshore retreat in a beautiful tranquil location for guests to enjoy togetherness, relaxation and be pampered with exceptional service. Our priority is to cater to our residential guests and enhancing their experience with great food. Within the Resort we have an intimate 35 seater restaurant and we are looking for a creative and passionate cook/chef to join our vibrent team and bring to the table the finest of international cuisine with a contemporaty twist.
- To create seasonally changing menus using local provers.
- To guide the gardners regarding planting of produce within the Poly Tunnel
- To prepare and present dishes with flair and flavour
- To cater for Wellness Retreats with a focus on Vegan & Vegetarian dishes
- To maintain the day-to-day operational standars of the kitchen
- To manage the kitchen during service
- To take full responsibility of all kitchen operations
- To control stock and mantain order levels.
- Train junior staff members
- Manage food safety & hygien at all times in accordance with requiremens.
- Enjoy a quieter pace of life
- Life by the lake brings the opportunity to enjoy all forms of water-based activities.
- Establish one’s reputation and the resulting financial reward
- Enjoy the wild natural environment with easy access to local towns and cities
- Onsite accommodation available
- Ideally suited to cooks/chefs from within the EU or who already hold a work permit for Ireland or EU
- We do not apply for Visas for non-EU candidates
- We do not pay relocation expenses
- Qualifications Requested
- The role is ideally suited to a person with experience who wishes to leave behind the noisy din of a busy city and head to the countryside for a rewarding career and a more peaceful life. The experience required is a proven track record of excellence in either a 4 star hotel or a reputable restaurant for a minimum of 3 years with fearless creativity, full understanding of Food Hygiene and Allergens, and great communication skills. If you are this person, please contact us if you would like to be considered. Formal training is an advantage but not essential.
- Salary expectation
- Negotiable depending on proven track record and proof thereof.
- Starting Date
- When suitable candidate is selected
- Aug 8, 2022