Jobs for Cooks
Chef in Middle Eastern deli/cafe in Tramore
14-15 Main Street, Tramore, Co. Waterford
- Chef in Middle Eastern deli/cafe in Tramore
Mezze is a small family food venture run by Irish-Israeli couple Nicola and Dvir in the seaside town of Tramore, Co. Waterford. The shop, deli, cooking school and event space is a place where lovers of food with plenty of personality can shop, share and discover the wonderful variety of cuisines from the Middle East.
Our food is simple and flavourful inspired by the Middle East. We make the food we love in Mezze; falafels, dips, spreads and salads. Salad is served for breakfast, lunch and dinner in Israel and that’s what we do in Mezze.
We have a small team of currently 6 employees but our small deli has become busier each year since we opened (even in a pandemic). The successful candidate will work with Mezze co-owner and head chef Dvir and the kitchen team to prepare foods for the deli, retail, catering and events as well as maintain kitchen cleanliness and HACCP requirements.
Tramore has a vibrant food scene as well as great walking and swimming spots to explore in the afternoons and evenings. We're based in the centre of the town, a stone's throw from Seagull bakery which does some of the best sourdough breads and pastries in Ireland as well as Beach House restaurant who are well known for their local seafood dishes. We're located 10kms from Waterford city which was recently voted the best city In ireland to live in the Irish Times.
- · Mainly daytime hours with occasional evening work
- ·Sundays and Mondays off
- ·the best staff lunches (for free)
- ·opportunity to grow with our business and expand into other areas of interest
- ·training opportunities and staff events
Chef job requirements:
- · Experience working in a busy commerical kitchen ·Experience preparing fresh foods such as salads, Mediterranean/Middle Eastern cuisine
- · Adept at baking and cake preparation
- · Capable of following instructions and recipes without variation
- · A desire to learn new flavours and techniques
- · The capability to work safely, efficiently and neatly
- · Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends
- · Genuine interest in vegetarian and Middle Eastern foods
- Qualifications Requested
- Salary expectation
- Depending on experience
- Starting Date
- Aug 14, 2022