Jobs for Cooks
Chalet Chef in the French Alps
- Chalet Chef in the French Alps
- Ski Famille & Ski Vertigo
Ski Famille & Ski Vertigo run 31 catered chalets in the French Alps with vacancies for chalet cooks/chefs available in Les Gets, La Plagne, Val d'Isère, Tignes & Les Menuires.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident Ballymaloe graduate to run their own kitchen and demonstrate their experience and love of food to a wide age range of customers.
You must be well presented, highly organised and comfortable working under your own initiative to manage a kitchen and ensure meals are cooked to a high standard. You will work with our Head Chef and Resort Managers to source and order your supplies, being mindful to budgets.
Ski Famille & Ski Vertigo guests look forward to returning from a day on the slopes to a well-presented homemade meal in a beautiful chalet; your skills, ability and attention to detail can make their holiday.
Our chalets sleep between 6 and 30 guests and most kitchens are open plan, allowing you to share your passion and mountain experiences with the guests. You will provide breakfast on 5 mornings, prepare a cake for them to enjoy after skiing (6 days), and canapes and dinner on 5 evenings.
Requirements of the Role
- Previous experience in hospitality and catering
- A working knowledge of HACCP procedures
- Great self-motivation and well-developed organisational skills
- Friendly, flexible and enthusiastic
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in all circumstances to guests of all ages
- A strong experienced team player
- Availability for the whole season (mid-November until end April)
The Package and Benefits
Ski Famille is proud of the number of staff who return year after year. We want to ensure we recruit the best people and support them to make the most of their time in the mountains. We offer you:
- A highly competitive salary
- Benefits package including medical cover
- Contribution to travel from home to France
- Comprehensive paid training in resort
- Optional accommodation for the duration of the season
- Opportunity to ski and/snowboard when not working
- Access to a reduced-price Lift Pass and free ski/board equipment hire
- Make friends for life and enjoy a fantastic life experience
If you are looking for an exciting new career opportunity we would love to hear from you. Apply today by sending your C.V and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in contact with you.
Please note, we welcome (& actively encourage!) applications from couples or friends for all our roles
- Qualifications Requested
- Ballymaloe course and ideally some further experience in a kitchen.
- Salary expectation
- Excellent monthly salary, food, ski hire, subsidised travel, accommodation, & lift pass as part of wider benefits package.
- Starting Date
- Late November 2022
- Aug 24, 2022