Jobs for Cooks
Chef Tutor for Howth Castle Cookery School
Howth Castle, Howth Dublin D13 EH 3
- Chef Tutor for Howth Castle Cookery School
- Howth Castle Cookery School
€20 an hour
Chef: 8 years (Required)
HACCP: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The Chef Tutor will run the day to day operations of the Howth Castle Cookery School ensuring that every client, guest and student enjoy a quality experience during their time with us.
The ideal candidate must have excellent cookery and communications skills, have HACCP training, have good computer skills and be a team player.
1. Leading the hands on cookery class in a friendly, approachable and professional manner ensuring that all students, clients and guests are provided with a quality experience and outstanding service, ensuring that the current high standards are met and exceeded.
2. Ensure familiarity with the class plan and that ordering has been carried out through the correct suppliers. That set up have been completed in good time including weighing of ingredients, equipment laid out etc.
3. Ensure that the kitchen is kept clean at all times and food items are stored correctly following HACCP procedures.
4. Assist in class planning, recipe writing and development for our classes on an array of cuisines and topics ranging from fish and baking classes to knife skills, ethnic cuisines and bread making.
5. To manage stock purchased for the Cookery School and ensure that wastage, loss and breakages are minimised and recorded appropriately.
5. Ensure that customer feedback is encouraged either through feedback forms or online methods.
6. Assist in the creation of content for newsletters and any PR opportunities that may arise, and ensure that Howth Castle Cookery School is presented in the best manner possible to maximise that benefit of all coverage in press and media.
7. Assist in the hosting of site visits for future partnerships offering light refreshments to demonstrate the quality of our offering.
1. Experience in catering to a high standard with a familiarity with a wide range of styles and traditions of cuisine. HACCP trained.
2. Teaching experience and strong organisational skills
3. Computer skills including Microsoft Office, content management skills and purchasing programmes.
4. Excellent communications skills including customer service.
5. Ability to work alone or as a member of a team.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 14 per week
Salary: €20.00 per hour
- On-site parking
Covid 19 protocol is in place, tutors are responsible for ensuring participants following the protocol as outlined at the time of the class.
Protocol is updated as Government regulations change.
- Chef: 8 years (required)
- HACCP: 3 years (preferred)
Application deadline: 04/03/2023
Expected start date: 07/03/2023
- Qualifications Requested
- Qualifications Chef: 8 years (Required) HACCP: 3 years (Preferred)
01 839 6182
- Salary expectation
- €20 per hour
- Starting Date
- Mar 3, 2023